Tuesday, May 11, 2010

W16 - Discussion Question # 1

I think that the main difference between CMC and f2f communication is that it allows parties to feel less inhibited and therefore it can help to promote honest feedback. In addition, CMC is more flexible because it allows people to communicate at their convenience as they do not have to arrange to meet in person. The downside to CMC is that sometimes, things that are said can be taken out of context as emotions are not conveyed through electronic mediums. Also, while it is more convenient than meeting face to face, some people may procrastinate more than others and it can be harder to illicit immediate responses when needed. However, in response to both concerns, I think that as long as participants are direct and clear in their messages, everyone can benefit from using CMC. Personally, I enjoy CMC more than I do face to face because of my work schedule and since I have Internet and e-mail access through my phone, I am able to communicate with everyone, virtually anywhere without having to worry about adjusting my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment